How Much Does a Bathroom Renovation Cost?
Investing in home improvements is a great way to not only improve the overall function of your home, but also increase its value. There are many areas that you can focus on, but one of the best is without a doubt the bathroom. Of course, before you begin planning your bathroom remodel, you’ll want to figure out how much it will cost and whether the potential return on investment (ROI) will be worth it.
The ROI of a Bathroom Remodel
There’s no way to calculate the exact ROI of a bathroom remodel because there are a number of different factors that contribute to the value you add. For instance, the average ROI of a bathroom remodel varies depending on where you’re located. If the house is in an upscale neighborhood where the local real estate market is thriving, the ROI may be more than if the house is located in a rural area where the market is down, even if you spend the exact same amount on the remodel.
Additionally, the extent of the renovations has some impact on the ROI. Cosmetic updates aren’t going to have the same ROI as a full-scale remodel. However, the following are the national averages of an ROI for a standard bathroom remodel:
- A mid range bathroom remodel: 70.1%
- An upscale bathroom remodel: 56.2%
- An accessibility bathroom remodel: 70.6%
The Cost of a Bathroom Remodel
Now that you have an idea of what kind of ROI you can expect, odds are you’ll want to know how much it will actually cost you. Although there are some national averages that can help give you an idea of how much the total will be, it helps to understand what factors contribute to the cost. As such, the following are a few things that dictate how much your bathroom remodel will end up costing you:
- The extent of the remodel: The extent of the renovations has an impact on the overall cost. For example, if you’re installing new plumbing and fixtures, such as a new sink and a bathtub, or you’re expanding the bathroom space, it’s going to cost a lot more than if you’re just painting and changing out the fixtures.
- Size of the bathroom: The size of your bathroom also plays a role in the total cost. If you have a small bathroom, there’s only so much that you can do and it won’t take as long, which will keep the labor and material costs down. On the other hand, if you have a large bathroom, there’s more area to cover and it will take longer, which will increase the labor costs. Not to mention that you’ll need to use more materials.
- Quality of materials: The type of materials that you use also affects the cost. If you want high-end materials, they’re going to be more expensive than if you use standard materials. For example, using marble tiles instead of ceramic tiles will cost more.
Keeping these factors in mind, the following are the national averages for the cost of a general bathroom remodel:
- A mid-range bathroom remodel: $19,134
- An upscale bathroom remodel: $61,662
- An accessibility bathroom remodel: $16,393
Remodel Your Bathroom in Toledo Today
If your bathroom is outdated and in need of either renovations or repairs, contact All-Nu Construction today. We have over 20 years of experience doing home improvement projects throughout Toledo, OH, and have built a reputation for our exceptional work as well as our outstanding customer service. Call us at (419) 242-5568 or fill out our online form to request a free estimate today.