Why You Should Consider Metal Roofing for Your Home
Homeowners often pass on getting a metal roof because this type of roofing material is linked to high costs. However, there are plenty of metal roofing options available for different income levels. There are also many benefits that come with having your roofing contractor install metal roofing, giving you reasons to consider a metal roof for your Toledo OH home.
The first reason why people want metal roofs for their Toledo OH homes is that metal roofs last a long time. In many cases, metal roofs can last multiple lifetimes. This means that not only you will enjoy your metal roof, but your kids and their kids will enjoy it too. In the long run, this will save you a ton of money on roof repair. After all, metal roofs are much easier to keep up with in terms of maintenance than any other roofing.
The Green Factor
Everyone is looking to go green to reduce their carbon footprint. However, going green isn’t always an easy task. Thankfully, there are several ways that getting a metal roof for your home can reduce your impact on the environment.
- Longevity – Because metal roofs last much longer than traditional roofing, you won’t have to replace your roof as often. This means less buildup in local landfills.
- Cooling Effect – Metal roofs transmit far less heat from the sun to your attic. This is mostly because metal roofs are thinner and cannot store as much heat. The result is less energy consumption and cheaper energy bills.
- Different Colors – Metal roofs come in a lot of different colors. This allows homeowners to choose light colors, which reflect the sun rays away from the house, aiding in keeping the house cooler. This also reduces energy consumption and lowers energy bills.
Metal roofs, in general, is safer than any other type of roofing material. A lot of this has to do with how light metal roofing is compared to asphalt roofing, but there are other reasons why metal roofs are safer than asphalt.
- Lighter – Metal roofs are lighter than asphalt ones. This means there is less pressure on the top of the house, making it safer for areas that are prone to earthquakes.
- Mechanically Fastened – You won’t have to worry about your roof blowing away during high winds because metal roofs are mechanically fasten to houses. Strong winds are no longer a problem.
- Fire Resistant – Metal is fire resistant, which means that a metal roof is fire resistant. With home fires being a major concern for homeowners, anything that is fire resistant is a welcome addition to any home.
There are many reasons why you should consider getting a metal roof, but one of the best is simply because they look nice. Homes that have metal roofs generally have higher property values than those that don’t. The next time you do some home remodeling, consider upgrading to a metal roof. It’s bound to save you a lot of money in the long run not only because of its longevity but also its energy-efficient properties.
Call All-Nu Construction today and start the process of remodeling, renovating and improving your home.
Find us online at www.all-nuconstruction.com/, visit us in Toledo, OH at 5465 Enterprise Boulevard or call us at (419) 242-5568.